Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stuff again

I'm glad that I had a class to teach tonight. The ladies that attended the earrings 1/2 combo class at the Beadnik in Fredericton were fantastic. It was good to get out and good to get out my own head for a few hours.

Concentrating on the teaching and on the students was good. I was able to forget about some of the disappointing things from this past week.

The show in Halifax was pleasant with lots of positive comments, but the overall results were not fabulous for me. The emails and postcards didn't seem too effective this time around though it did get some folks out that hadn't visited the summer show before.

A good friend that has been plagued with some health issues got another call from her Doc today with some not so good results... time will tell, but at least we made some fun about it, and this was after a bad fall yesterday after some other med tests. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Another bud has called his vacation short which meant that the part of the trip that would have brought him east to here is off. He has some "stuff" to deal with. Keeping my fingers crossed for him too.

With all this finger crossing it might be a bit hard to get some new work done for the shop in the Garrison District and the upcoming Women's Festival in Fredericton on the 22nd of August, but I am sure that I will figure something out.

The challenge with any disappointments is to keep it all in perspective, and to keep myself from getting to mired in the negative aspects of it. Getting out and doing is still a pretty good solution. None of us should stop trying to live even when things are looking down.

No comments: