Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News Round-up

We will returned to our regularly scheduled programming next week, but there were just too many fun titbits in the news this morning for me to ignore this opportunity to share...

Everyone is going green, including the Indian military which is set to weaponize the world's hottest chili as a form of non-toxic tear gas... I'd say that's rather cool, except the pepper measures in at more than 1,000,000 Scoville units, so that's hot, hot, hot and then some.

Now this headline got my attention: You have to go through Murder to get to Purgatory, and it lead to this web which has the entire quiz on oddly named places. I've always liked oddly named places.

Spice adds life too apparently, not that some things aren't the spice of life, but cinnamon is really good for you, which means that I now have a perfectly good scientific excuse to have my cinnamon-sugared toast in the morning.

Lastly on the fun side was a little article on an Argentinian vegetarian spider, who knew?

No comments: