Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going Political #1

I have had a continual debate with myself for some time about being political in my blog. I have always backed down on making a statement, but the time has come to go there.

There is often a handful of dedicated protesters across the street from Fredericton's women's clinic with placards that support a pro-life stance. I have an odd reaction to seeing the various persons there, and as I drive by and wave, I find myself singing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

It's perhaps a funny choice of song, but being that both men and women appear there, and that their belief in the idea of the moment of conception being the beginning of life as we know it, I would want to push the argument back and ask which came first: the egg or the protester?

....and no, I don't want to start a riot over this, just want share an odd reaction.
--

No comments: